Automated Packaging Case Study: Simultaneously Pack Three Different Bags of Nuts and Bolts
Bags of Hardware; 8x10", 3x6"x 7½x7½"
Automate case packing and check weighing of three lines of bagged nuts and bolts that takes 15 people to accomplish
The Combi Solution:
- 3 powered product infeed conveyors feed into Bombay-style case packers.
- A high-speed packing product conveyor separates product before feeding a counting funnel.
- The Bombay "door" is positioned below the counting funnel receiving product to full case count. The packer then receives a signal and drops product into the awaiting erected case which has been fed into the 3 case packers by a Combi 2-EZ® SB case erector.
- Once filled, the case count is verified by a Checkweigher and each case receives a print and applied label pre-programmed with product info relative to that line.
- Filled cases are indexed into a Combi TBS100FC top case sealer and sealed with adhesive tape. Rate of production is 12 cases per minute.
- Customer's productivity has increased 400%; staffing reduced (re-assigned) by 300%
Ready to put Combi's bulk filling case packers to work for you? Fill out this form or call us at 1.800.521.9072.