Sanitary Washdown Semi-Auto and Automatic TBS Case Sealers
Consumers are taking an unprecedented interest in the way foods are produced and are increasingly calling for the government to take a more active role in consumer protection. While there are currently no formal government agencies regulating packaging machinery, food manufacturers are taking an active role in assigning the highest priority on the safety and purity of their food down the entire food manufacturing process.
Combi recognizes the role their end-of-line packaging equipment plays in meat, poultry and ready-to-eat food plants and has designed a line of stainless steel, wash down semi-automatic and automatic sanitary design case sealers that virtually reduces and/or eliminates potential lodgment areas where undesirable bacteria might gather.
Washdown Design Characteristics
- Cleanable - Constructed to ensure that the case sealing equipment can be effectively and efficiently cleaned and sanitized over the lifetime of the equipment
- Open Design Construction - Stainless steel materials are corrosion resistant and compatible with cleaning and sanitizing chemicals
- Accessible - Parts of the case sealers are readily accessible and disassembled for inspection and cleaning without the use of tools.
- Water Shedding Surfaces - Equipment is self-draining to assure that product, water or liquids do not accumulate or pool on the equipment surfaces.
- No Hollow Areas - Hollow areas and penetrating rivets or fasteners are eliminated
- No Niches - Sealing equipment is free of niches and all welds are continuous and fully penetrating
- Hygienic Maintenance Enclosures - Control panels are sloped or pitched and easily cleaned and sanitized
To learn more about Combi's sanitary case sealers, please complete this form.